L3 Gas Engineering Apprenticeship
We are delighted that we will be recruiting again for our Level 3 Gas Engineering Apprenticeship in 2019. We will have 12 places available due to commence in September 2019 and will be actively recruiting in July 2019.
As we are experiencing a large number of enquires, we are opening the application process early although we are unable to respond until the applicants closing date on the 14th June 2019.
All successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment and selection event on the 4th July 2019.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter telling us what interests you about Gas Engineering and why you think you would be a good candidate for one of these positions. Please try to answer as fully as possible and include examples where appropriate.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
About the Role:
Working under the direction and guidance of an Internal Trainer and experienced Engineer, you will support the delivery of our annual servicing, repairs and installation services within our customers’ homes whilst working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Gas Engineering in order to achieve the skills, competence and experience to become a fully operational qualified Gas Engineer. You will be required to complete the relevant qualifications which form part of the NVQ, and Gas ACS qualifications including the production of a portfolio of work and undertake additional Health and Safety training as required.
This is a full-time position where you will be spending one day a week at City College Norwich and 4 days based with an experienced Engineer Mentor.
Main duties will include (this list is not exhaustive):
- To assist fully trained gas Engineers on a day to day activities servicing, repairing and installing gas appliances / heating systems within customers properties.
- Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention as supervised.
- Accurately complete documentation including legislative documentation accurately and timely in line with policy and procedure.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness of services.
- Understand and comply with Health and Safety in the workplace following safety policies and procedures, helping to identify and reduce hazards
- To attend in-housing training and college as required including participation in the apprentice review process.
- Comply with Gasway confidentiality and information security polices at all times.
- To act as an ambassador for Gasway at all times.
Successful Apprentices will be offered a position within the company following completion of their Apprenticeship. A structured development path will be implemented for all newly qualified Engineers supporting continued development of competence – competence and performance are linked to pay progression. We also offer opportunities for further training and development such as commercial qualifications / Oil / Renewables.
Applicants should ideally hold grade 4 / C or above in GCSE English and Maths, or Level 1 Functional Skills (or equivalents).
Desired Skills and Personal qualities
Good Customer Service Skills
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to listen and follow instructions
Good attention to detail
Good at problem solving
Good practical skills
Commitment and a strong work ethic
Excellent time management skills
Able to use initiative
Flexible and adaptable approach to work
A positive attitude
In addition, you will need the ability to work in external environments, be able to undertake work involving bending, lifting and working at height and be able to meet the travel requirements of the post. Although a Driving License is not required as an Apprentice driving is a paramount requirement when a qualified Gas Engineer and therefore a willingness to learn to drive essential.
In return we offer a competitive pay and benefits package for an Apprentices including paid holiday, a company sick pay scheme, life insurance and Employee Assistance Programme. Full uniform is provided.