We are pleased to share an opportunity for someone to join our team as a Plumber, to assist with all trade related tasks as a Plumber working to replace hot water cylinders and Radiators, controls for heating systems i.e. Zone valves etc.
In this role you will need to have the ability to work alone or part of a team on social housing projects within the gas team as a plumber assisting with further works.
- A good knowledge of the general building and construction industry of the general building and construction industry
- Good understanding and knowledge of basic Health and Safety
- Minimum of either full trade Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 2 within a relevant trade OR a proven track record to reflect appropriate trade experience in Plumbing
- Full UK Driving License
- To be responsible for the effective and efficient repairs of all Plumbing duties, including all associated works within both occupied and void properties using the required tools.
- To assess and carry out accurate planned repairs efficiently and effectively maintaining our company ‘Right First Time ‘approach towards our customers.
- To ensure that the work is undertaken in a timely manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
- To manage customer enquiries, responding in a professional manner coordinating with our Customer Service team.
- From time to time, if requested, to act as a mentor to trainees/apprentices to encourage and support their development.
- Providing out of hours support on a rota based system. Additional remuneration will be incorporated for this.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Group from time to time, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill that those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
- Work on own initiative to ensure that all repairs are carried out efficiently to ensure the right level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of applying the use of ‘PLAN’ when diagnosing a repair.
- Take responsibility for all transport, equipment or mobile phone devices issued by Flagship Services and ensure that they are kept in excellent condition and secure at all times.
- Take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- Take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time.
- Understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement.
- Take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Flagship Way by the team and individuals and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that It Security and Data Protection Legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Actively support Flagship Group’s E,D & I policy to ensure that all customers/residents and colleagues within the Group are treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Fault finding regarding leaks (tracing and establishing problems within water systems).
- The installation of bathroom components (Baths, sinks and WC’s).
- The unblocking of external drain.
- The replacement of water tanks, hot water cylinders and other associated systems.
- Tiling and basic carpentry (bath panels, skirting and window board).
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and qualifications and as a result, enhance your career. We will provide you with the tools to successfully perform in your role, such as a company vehicle, full company uniform, tablet and mobile. In return for your commitment we offer an excellent competitive salary and benefits package such as: pension scheme; free platinum boiler cover; discounts from many different retailers through Flagship Rewards; 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service); opportunity to buy and sell holiday; life insurance; life assurance scheme and company sick pay.