We have new opportunities for qualified electricians to join our small, friendly building maintenance and electrical team which is expanding due to continued growth.
As an integral part of the team you will undertake domestic and commercial heating installations and repairs, including solar and the latest renewable technologies. You will also carry out EICR testing of domestic and commercial properties and remedial works to bring installations in line with current standards, which includes, but is not limited to, consumer unit replacements and full/partial rewires.
You will work Monday to Friday, 8-5pm with an unpaid lunch break of 1 hour. There is the opportunity for overtime if desired.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience in general electrical installation work in both domestic and commercial properties. You will be a highly competent professional who takes pride in their job, demonstrate initiative in a varied role, and possess excellent customer service skills.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following criteria:
· NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent qualification/s held.
· 18th Edition of BS7671
·Level 2 & Level 3 Electrical Theory Technical Carts (236 Parts 1&2m, 2330 level 2 & 3 or equivalent)
· Proven high levels of competency and ability as an electrician and installations work
· Experience of working in domestic properties
· A good level of knowledge of H&S policy and application with both a commercial and domestic installation environment
· Strong communication skills with a variety of stakeholders, including customers
· Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
· Inspection and Testing Qualification (2391 or 2394/2395).
· Experience of undertaking Electrical Inspection, Testing and remedial works.
· JIB Gold Card.
· AM2 (practical assessment).
· 18th Edition of BS7671.
· ESC Health & Safety Qualified
· Experience of working in commercial properties.
· To be responsible for the effective and efficient installation and repairs of all heating types, including all associated works within both the domestic and commercial sectors using the required tools.
· To carry out accurate EICR’s to determine, so far as is reasonably practicable, whether the installation is in a satisfactory condition for continued service and to guarantee the safety of those using the building, to ensure they are not susceptible to electrical shocks and/or fires.
· To undertake necessary remedial works to bring the installations in line with current standards and specifications.
· To ensure that the work is undertaken in a timely manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
· To provide accurate, relevant electrical certification for all work undertaken.
· Work on own initiative to ensure that all duties are carried out efficiently to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
· Take personal responsibility for their own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
· To manage customer enquiries, responding in a professional manner coordinating with our team.
· From time to time, if requested, to act as a mentor to trainees/apprentices to encourage and support their development.
· To undertake any other duties as required by Gasway from time to time, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill
that those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
· Take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time.
· Take responsibility for all transport, equipment or mobile phone devices issued by Gasway and ensure that they are always kept in excellent condition and secure.
· Understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement.
· Take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Gasway Way by the team and individuals and striving for continuous improvement.
· To take personal responsibility for demonstrating the aims of the Gasway Equality and Diversity objectives.
· Ensure that I.T Security and Data Protection Legislation is adhered to at all times.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and qualifications and as a result, enhance your career. We will provide you with the tools to successfully perform in your role, such as a company vehicle, full company uniform, tablet and mobile. In return for your commitment we offer an excellent competitive salary and benefits package such as: pension scheme; free platinum boiler cover; discounts from many different retailers through Flagship Rewards; 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service); opportunity to buy and sell holiday; life insurance; life assurance scheme and company sick pay.
To apply, please sent your CV and optional cover letter to email@example.com, or use the application form below.
Fill in your details below