Technical Surveyor/Team Leader (Renewables Team)
We have a new opportunity to join our team as a Technical Surveyor/Team Leader with the Renewables department, responsible for providing front line and technical support to managers and operatives.
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £36,000 - £39,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
This job is Field Based covering across East Anglia - Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex. Please be aware that you will be required to drive to multiple different places of work.
In addition to the above we offer the following rewards and benefits:
- Holiday: We offer 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays which will increase with your length of service
- The option to buy and sell holiday up to +/- 5 days
- Company Sick Pay & Life Insurance
- Flexible Rewards: We offer discounted services and discounted retail offering through our rewards platform
- Wellbeing Support: We offer an employee assistance programme, wellbeing events and much more to support you and your family
- Continued Professional Development: We will continue to support you in developing your skills to support you in your role
- Company Vehicle, Uniform, IT Equipment
· To complete Surveys for installation of renewable technologies providing technical plan of property and installation schedule
· To support the day to day delivery of service excellence ensuring quality productivity, legislative standards are achieved
· Act as a role model and to lead by example, always promoting a positive attitude.
· Support the delivery of stock control activities in accordance with policy and procedure.
· To assist the delivery of the installation programme, review BER boiler report and to complete the survey for new boiler installations.
· Ensure any follow up works required off the back of installations are carried out by the relevant engineer to the required standard and follow discussions are documented
· To prioritise escalations and expressions of dissatisfaction (Complaints) to support resolution in a timely and professional manner and within specified and agreed parameters.
· To undertake quality safety checks and compliance audits for all types of work, providing documented feedback, supporting compliance of occupational, gas and renewable safety, including subsequent actions such as formal investigations and training.
· To support relevant training and qualifications being undertaken within the team to include liaising with compliance to ensure all relevant training is booked and attended.
· To proactively support engineer communication and engagement activities to include engineer induction and supporting Toolbox Talks.
· To support team through regular 121s, providing ongoing technical support, understanding career aspirations, and ensuring the health and wellbeing of the team. Work on own initiative to ensure that all works are carried out efficiently to ensure the right level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
· Proven high level competency as a Gas/Oil or renewables Engineer with proven experience in Installation of heating systems and system design.
· Fully conversant in H&S and compliance policy and application within a domestic installation environment.
· Energy Efficiency, Unvented Hot Water and Water Regs Qualifications.
· Ability to completed on time and of a high quality.
· Ability to hold a 1:1 conversation with any member of the team.
· Comfortable switching between front-line service and team leadership as the circumstances dictate.
· Ability to recognise sensitive situations with a high level of emotional intelligence with the ability to maintain confidentiality and trustworthiness in all dealings with others.
· Able to use data quickly and effectively to monitor delivery, diagnose problems, develop plans and explain issues to others.
· Technically driven.
· Proactive and able to work independently.