Service and Breakdown Engineer (Solid Fuel)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Service and Breakdown Engineer, focussing on Maintenance, compliance testing, and repair service for solid fuel to a range of different domestic and/or social housing properties.
Location: Working across NR and IP postcodes.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Tools, uniform, and a company vehicle will be supplied.
In this role, you will be responsible for the heating engineering and plumbing duties including reactive repairs, servicing of solid fuel appliances, and associated works in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice codes, and practice and legislation. Ensuring customer safety by completing activities in line with various rules and regulations including HETAS.
- To undertake heating engineering & plumbing duties including reactive repairs, servicing of solid fuel appliances and associated works in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice codes and practice and legislation.
- To issue notices and certificates required by the relevant regulations relating to HETAS.
- To attend appointments as scheduled and instructed.
- To provide information to allow records to be updated following service and testing and issue Safety record using electronic or manual documentation.
- To manage van stock and replenishments in an effective and efficient way and manage stock from authorised suppliers, materials required to undertake works through the approved order system.
- To take part in the on-call system to provide 24/7 emergency cover across our property portfolio.
- To drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and to ensure that the vehicle is maintained to appropriate standards.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and plant issued and ensure identified and appropriate maintenance is undertaken to appropriate standards.
- To complete all relevant training and certifications as required by regulations.
- To maintain regular contact with the Team Leader and colleagues to obtain instructions and resolve working problems and work in a collaborative way providing support and assistance to all involved throughout the repairs and maintenance process.
- To record completed works and maintain accurate records of works carried out including required photographs, measurements, and calculations.
- To Work to operational procedures, safe working practices and H&S procedures including but not limited to reporting of all accidents, near miss events or potential hazards
- To comply with confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade however you are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties as directed.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following criteria:
- Experience as a domestic engineer dealing with repair diagnosis and maintenance/servicing of solid fuel systems
- Experience working with the public, demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Experience in collaborating and working as part of an effective team.
- HETAS 003 * DRY APPLANCE INSTALL< HETAS 004 * WET APPLIANCE INSTALL, HETA 006 * CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALL * SOLID FUEL – HETAS
- Full UK driving licence and ability to be mobile
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to record accurately all work carried out
- Ability to undertake work to a consistently high standard in a high-pressure environment
- Able to participate in the on-call rota system
- Good IT Skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety and working to best practice
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Approachable, driven, trustworthy, reliable, and honest
- Good level of interpersonal and communication skills
- NVQ Level 3/craft certificate in domestic plumbing or relevant trade qualification
- Relevant health and safety qualification
- Experience using Handheld IT devices such as smartphones/tablets.
We will provide you with the tools to successfully perform in your role, such as a company vehicle, full company uniform, tablet, and mobile.
In return for your commitment, we offer an excellent competitive salary and benefits package such as a pension scheme; free platinum boiler cover; discounts from many different retailers through Flagship Rewards; 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service); the opportunity to buy and sell holiday; life insurance; life assurance scheme and company sick pay.
For more information regarding this role’s duties and responsibilities, please see the attached job description.
To apply please submit an application form below.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the close date.
Please ensure you have the correct contact information on your application, we will reach out to you by phone or email. Please check your emails regularly, for correspondence.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the close date your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.