A quick, personal ‘Hello’ from Liam Betts, Head Honcho, Managing Director and devoted, loyal family man, Greetings!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting our Gasway website.
I’m not sure what the purpose of your visit is today, however what I do know is this.
If you are looking for someone who you can trust and someone you can depend on then we believe you are in the right place.
We are not your ‘average’ local heating company.
We are a dedicated group of people who promise to treat you and all our customers as though you are members of our own family.
We are a 2nd generation, family run business with over 100 employees and have been serving residents in and around Norwich and the Norfolk area for over 30 years.
You may or may not have needed our help in the past, however if today’s visit is because you do need some help, then I invite you to get in touch and experience what sets us apart as the region’s leading family run heating business with the very best service for miles around.
We can help you with anything from services, to repairs, to new installations to cover plans.
Myself and The Gasway team are ready to help make your life easier and hassle-free.
Enjoy your visit, scroll down to explore how we can help you.
Discover the 7 reasons why so many local people choose to CALL Gasway
Fixed Pricing – The price we quote you is the price you pay… GUARANTEED!
We can’t put this any simpler really.
We just don’t believe in ‘hood-winking’ or hiking up the price later with some unforeseen ‘extras’. Honesty and transparency with great value is our aim and our Fixed Pricing is how we achieve this for you.
Pay NOTHING until the job is 100% complete
Have you tried ringing around recently for a heating engineer?
If you can actually get hold of one, then the next challenge is trying to make sense of the pricing.
Some charge call outs, some don’t.
Some charge in advance, some do part payment upfront, some do pay as you go.
It’s a complex minefield and it doesn’t have to be.
We charge nothing until the job is 100% complete. This includes the call out.
It makes your life simple and at least you know you don’t have to pay until you have received exactly what you requested.
Local people (just like you) trust us and recommend us.
We wanted you to know that majority of our customers come from the best advertising known to man – Word of mouth and recommendations.
There is no better form of marketing that has the credibility of recommendations from satisfied customers.
Some of the awesome testimonials that we have received over the years can be found further down this page, we’ll share them with you shortly.
Your SAFETY matters to us and ALWAYS comes first!
There are 2 places that we never ever want to see or hear our name mentioned. BBC’s Watchdog and in court! We strive to ensure that our service is brilliant (more on that in a moment). What really matters to us is your safety and this is why all our engineers are our own in-house engineers and not sub-contractors. All our engineers are fully conversant with the latest regulations on Gas Safety and trained to ACS and GAS SAFE REGISTER standards.
When it comes to heating we can do… well, EVERYTHING actually!
We don’t say this to impress you, far from it. We say it to impress upon you that we literally ‘DO’ every kind of heating system that you can imagine including gas, oil, electrical and even LPG. When we say ‘DO’ we mean we can install it, repair it, service it and even offer you a cover plan to protect it. We really do do EVERYTHING!
Local family business with BIG company service and support!
We are not British Gas with a gazillion employees…but you can guarantee that we offer you much better value for money. As we said earlier, we are a local family business. We are not a ‘small’ company. We actually have over 100 employees which is great news for you because It means we can offer you a level of service that is not only on par with the BIG nationals but better value too. We like to think of ourselves as big enough to cope and still small enough to care…unlike the BIG BOYS!
FREE quotes for all customers and a 24 hour helpline
Biggest question we ever get asked is; ‘Can you tell me how much it is going to cost please?’ Price is important to you, we get that. It’s why we always offer free quotes so that you always have all the information you require before deciding if we are the right company to help you. We also make ourselves available for you 24/7. Our phones and emails never switch off. Free Quotes and maximum availability are just some of the many reasons that people choose Gasway.
There are many, many more reasons why customers choose us and voluntarily recommend us.
If this is enough for you and you need some help our contact details are here…
The Gasway Story – 30 years in 30 seconds
- Gasway was founded by Bob Betts and Graham Swift in Norwich. Both trained at British Gas before realising that there was an opportunity to create a private company, offering an alternative, local home boiler service and installation service to British Gas.
- Bob’s son, Liam Betts, became Gasway’s first apprentice. There were now 4 people employed at Gasway. Liam worked through the business to become a fully qualified engineer, to then working in the office. He then became part of the management team, and is now Managing Director.
- The business moved into its first office premises at 13 Barrow Close, Sweet Briar Industrial Estate. The company continued to grow, now employing professional customer advisors to answer the telephones and more engineers, allowing the company to cover Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
- Derrick Rust-Andrews left Norwich City College and joined the company to head up our apprenticeship programme, working with 7 apprentices. He continued to progress through the business and is now our Compliance Director.
- The continued growth of the business meant it expanded into the adjoining building to increase the work space. 30 people were now employed by Gasway.
- Our Boiler Cover Plans which protect all makes and models against boiler breakdown, including all servicing and maintenance were introduced.
- Because the company’s growth continued, new and bigger premises were sought. A new building was chosen with purpose built-in office space (7,000 sq ft) – all required to fit for our expanding call/contact centre team, office staff, engineers and large stock of spare parts.
- Barry Ellis joined from the Grafton Group as head of UK Acquisitions. He is now our Commercial Director. The company now employed 52 people.
- As part of the strategic growth plan, we have increased our marketing spend and succeeded in encouraging thousands of people to take on Boiler Cover Plan policies; whilst continuing to maintain high standards and good quality customer service. Almost 100 people are now employed within the business.
This is what our Gasway customers have to say about us…
“I had to call Gasway straight away to let you know what a superb job your engineer, Alan, has done on our boiler. Not only was he friendly and efficient, but we have every confidence in him and the work he has completed. He is a great ambassador for your company.” - Mr and Mrs Jones, Old Catton
“Just a quick note to say how pleased we are with the fitting of our new gas boiler and shower that your team did for us on Monday and Tuesday. I think they got through a tremendous amount of work to fit everything in two days and the whole team were extremely pleasant and courteous, particularly the team leader. Please convey our thanks to them.” - SC Norwich
“With the installation of my new boiler, heating system and bathroom now complete, I must thank you and your company for your excellent service and workmanship. Not only did you do what you said you would, but you did it when you said you would.” - Ms Henderson, Fakenham
“We’d like to say how pleased we are with our boiler installation. From the first conversation with Shelley, the inspection and quote from Steven and the installers – Ben, Richard and Paul, all went smoothly and according to plan. As elderly folk, it was very pleasing having the boys in our home – they were so clean, tidy and polite. You are indeed fortunate to have such a team in your employment and we will have no problem recommending the firm.” - Mr and Mrs Arnold, Norwich
“At the start we were impressed by the professionalism of your survey, quote and the way you dealt with the concerns raised. The installation work started and finished on the times you advised us. We were very impressed by the skilled work, attitude and enthusiasm of the team. A job well done!” - Mr and Mrs Amery. Norwich
“I would like to convey my thanks to your staff who installed my heating system. I was very pleased with the way the installation was carried out and how tidy they left the house after each days work.” - Mr Pilkington, Aylsham
If your boiler has ‘died’ or you discover that it needs replacing then we feel we have created some great options and solutions for
you here at Gasway.
We understand that replacing your boiler can feel like an expense or investment that you can probably do without.
This is why we not only help you with replacing and installing your boiler but we also make it friendly on the old purse strings too.
Do any of these sound like you right now?
- Want to find a boiler installation company that you feel you can trust?
- Want to find someone who truly understands your needs and doesn’t just want to ‘flog you’ any old boiler to make a sale?
- Want to call someone who actually cares about what you want and ACTUALLY listens to you?
- Need a new boiler as quick as possible?
- Want it installed by a professional and safe company that treat your home with care and respect?
- Don’t want to spend a fortune or be ripped off but still want a great value, reliable boiler?
- Don’t want to be ripped off with silly prices for an ‘average’ boiler?
- Don’t like the idea of shelling out £2000-£3000 upfront for the new boiler and the installation?
- Don’t want to get caught up in a ‘NEVER-NEVER’ finance deal where you never own the boiler outright?
How does this sound instead?
We can offer you a brand new boiler, including installation, with no deposit to pay and the boiler even has a FREE 2-year guarantee, all for just £29.99 a month.
Simply CALL our friendly Local team NOW …
Sarah heads up our dedicated Gasway Customer Service Team and they are standing by to help you.
It couldn’t be simpler.
“I couldn’t find another local company that offered anything near as good as this from Gasway. Our new boiler is brilliant and I saved a fortune!” - Mrs.Deborah Green, Norwich
The ‘secret’ to ensuring your boiler remains reliable and efficient is actually ‘no secret’ at all.
It simply needs servicing regularly.
This will help it maintain it’s efficiency, reliability and it will also help extend the life of your boiler which means less hassles, headaches and costs for you.
Don’t suffer this winter with an unforeseen boiler breakdown.
Be PRO-active instead of RE-active and let us service your boiler today.
You’ll be glad you did.
Our fully qualified central heating engineers can service Oil, Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) appliances to the highest standards and all with your safety in mind too. For that added peace of mind.
- Fast and efficient response – we get to you fast!
- VERY competitive prices for local customers
- We don’t make a mess! We’ll treat your home with respect as if it was our own
SPECIAL OFFER – FREE BOILER SERVICE
FREE Annual Service included with all our Cost Effective and Flexible Boiler Cover Plans.
Protect yourself against your heating and hot water not working by taking out one of our boiler cover plan policies.
You’ll receive a free annual service too. We have three levels of cover, all available for a very low monthly fee – for your complete peace of mind.
For more information on our AMAZINGLY COST EFFECTIVE and flexible cover plans click here
Discover how to avoid the hassles of your boiler breaking down and instead make your life easier with Gasway Boiler Service.
First things first… if your boiler has broken down and you require urgent assistance then have faith because help is at hand.
We know what it’s like for you, we’ve been doing this for 30 years.
- Heating engineers can be difficult to get hold of these days.
- When you call you actually want someone to pick up the phone.
- You want to contact someone who you feel you can trust.
- You want to contact someone who keeps things simple for you and understands your emergency.
- You want confidence that you are not going to be ripped off.
- You want a quick response and you want things putting right quickly.
Here is how we help you:
We provide you with a 24/7 Emergency Boiler Repair Hotline
- We never clock off. Our team will answer your call no matter what time you contact us.
We treat ALL boiler repairs as an Emergency
- It’s great when you discover that someone ACTUALLY cares about you and your challenges.
We keep it simple to avoid unnecessary hassle or headaches
- You call and we respond and come to your aid quickly and fix the problem. Why complicate things?
No call-out charges and nothing to pay upfront…unlike other companies!
- We will never charge a call out in your hour of need and you only pay when a job is 100% complete…never before!
Same day call out
- If you are able to call us before 12 noon we will endeavour to get to you the very same day.
Fixed on the first visit
- We pride ourselves on our reputation for being able to fix the vast majority of problems within the first visit.
All work is guaranteed for 12 months
- We want you to have peace of mind. In the highly unlikely event of our work ‘going wrong’ or not working properly then we’ll be back out to you in a jiffy to fix it at no extra charge.
Highly Qualified and GAS SAFE engineers
- All our engineers are our own in-house engineers and not sub-contractors. All our engineers are fully conversant with the latest regulations on Gas Safety and trained to ACS and GAS SAFE REGISTER standards.
Fixed Price Repairs
- NOTHING annoys customers more than not knowing how much it’s going to cost BEFORE the engineer gets started. This is why we offer you a fixed price upfront before work starts. This way you have total control and choice. Our prices are also very competitive
If you are shopping on PRICE… be warned!
Cheapest is NEVER the best! Do NOT get hoodwinked!
Lets be honest and upfront with you here.
- We are not the ‘cheapest’ engineers and we don’t want to be either.
- We are not the most expensive either. It’s never been our intention to rip anybody off.
- We care about you and we care about how you feel about us and what you say to others about us.
- We believe in offering you products and services that actually ‘work’ and that actually get the job done for you without hassles or headaches.
- We also believe in offering you great ‘value’ too.
- No silly, crazy low prices for sub-par-mickey-mouse products and services and no crazy inflated rip-off prices either.
Boiler Cover Plans
Boiler breakdowns can be a pain and quite costly!
Discover how to avoid these unexpected costs!
Simply Get Covered!
There are TWO types of Gasway customer when it comes to our great value, boiler cover plans.
Customer Type 1
Those that like to ‘wing it’ and hope that it never happens to them.
Customer Type 2
Those that prefer to have the peace of mind and reassurance that if it does happen to them then they know they are covered and that they have priority support without unforeseen escalating costs!
Still Not Convinced?
Look at these average costs of the most common parts that we tend to replace: (this doesn’t include labour by the way!)
- Gas Valve £350
- Fan £215
- Hotwater Heat Exchanger £280
- Diverter Valve £225
- Pump £155
- Circuit Board £260
- Heat Exchanger £425
With cover plans starting from as little as £14.32 per month can you afford NOT to get covered?
Comprehensive Home Emergency Cover tailored around you. Add this extra cover to a Silver, Gold or Platinum Plan for just £9/month
Plumbing, Drainage and Electrical Cover
If your home develops a water leak, pipe blockage, wiring fault or fuse board fail, we will attend to the problem that same day.
Gas Supply Pipework Cover
Emergency cover for when your internal gas supply pipework develops a leak. We will repair and replace as necessary, even under floors or in walls.
Window, Lock and Pest Cover
If you lose your keys or have a window broken we will let you in and ensure your premises are secure. We will also remove and treat for nuisance bugs such as wasps, rats, mice and cockroaches if they infect your home.
Affordable Central Heating and Boiler Cover Plans for your complete peace of mind.
Cover plans starting from as little as £14.32 per month.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING