Cover Plan - Terms & Conditions
COVERPLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between Us and You for the Coverplan plan for your central heating system. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not understand anything in the terms and conditions or if you would like further clarification on the terms then please call us on 0800 074 30 30
SECTION 1 - DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply to the Gasway Coverplan Terms and Conditions:
Annual Service: means routine maintenance and a safety check within the period the coverplan product is in force to ensure that the boiler is working safely and in line with relevant laws and regulations.
Beyond Economical Repair: where repairs to the boiler would exceed 70% of the current retail price (including VAT) of a boiler of a similar type and size the boiler would be considered as beyond economical repair.
Boiler: means a single natural gas, LPG, oil and electric boiler which powers the central heating system.
Breakdown: means a sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical malfunction to the boiler and/or the central heating system depending on your level of cover.
Central Heating system: means the central heating system at the Property which includes:
- The Boiler
- The Controls
- Radiators, pipes, hot water cylinders, central heating header tank and all pipes.
Commencement Date: means the date that the Coverplan product is purchased by you.
Controls: means the controls that make the Central Heating system work, including the programmer, motorised zone valves, central heating pump and any thermostats
Coverplan: means a Gasway plan which is designed to fix your boiler in the event of a breakdown.
First Service: means a check to confirm whether we can cover your boiler, controls and central heating system.
Gasway/We/Us/Our: means Gasway Services Limited (company number 04158628) whose registered office is at 31 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PD.
Minor: means a child under the age of 18.
Plan: means the Coverplan taken out by you.
Period of Cover: means the duration that the plan is in force. This will be a 12-month period starting from the Commencement Date unless cancelled by us or you.
Property: means the residential property which is used for normal day to day living purposes (including use as a home office and for properties rented to residential tenants but not covering properties that are used as B&B, Air B&B, holiday lets, student accomodation).
Repair: means a repair covered under the Coverplan to fix your boiler and/or central heating system (depending on cover chosen).
Renewal Date: means the anniversary of the commencement date when the plan will renew.
Terms and Conditions: means the these terms and conditions which cover the Coverplan product you have purchased.
You/Your: means the person or people who have entered into the Terms and Conditions with us.
Welcome Pack: means the pack you receive upon the purchase of the Coverplan plan which sets out the level of cover chosen.
Working Area: means the area where we will provide the repairs and/or annual service and includes radiators, appliance locations including the airing cupboard and possibly loft spaces.
SECTION 2 – WHEN WILL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS COME INTO FORCE?
2.1 The Terms and Conditions will become binding upon you and us on the purchase by you of a Coverplan product.
SECTION 3 – FIRST VISIT BY GASWAY FOR NEW POLICIES
3.1 We are required to undertake a First Service visit within 28 days of the commencement of a new plan to inspect the boiler and central heating system to ensure that it does not have any pre-existing faults.
If we find that it has an existing fault we will either
- Tell you what needs to be done to fix it and inform you how much it will cost.
- Cancel your
Please note that acceptance of the boiler onto the plan does not imply that it is installed satisfactorily or legally.
SECTION 4 – YOUR COVER
4.1 The level of cover you have chosen will be set out in your Welcome Pack.
4.2 Where same day call out is requested we must receive the call before 12.00pm (noon). We will endeavour to visit your property on the same day. However, this is subject to the availability of an engineer. It may not be possible to do a same day repair as a follow on visit may need to be scheduled due to the fitting or ordering of parts.
4.3 Gasway use a preferred supplier to obtain their parts to ensure that parts meet manufacturer warranties and guarantees and ensures a high standard of repairs. In some instances, outside of our control parts will be sourced directly from the manufacturer outside of the UK and therefore there may be a delay in obtaining parts.
4.3 – SILVER COVER
We will undertake repairs in the event of breakdown of the boiler covered under the plan. The maximum sum covered under the plan including parts, labour and VAT is £800. Under Silver Cover we will only come out to undertake the repairs Monday to Friday.
- We will undertake an annual service of your boiler and central heating system. The annual service appointment must be booked by you by calling 0800 074 3030 during the period April to August within the plan period of cover. If you do not book the annual service within the 12 month period you will lose your right to an annual service under the plan and no reimbursement will be made.
4.4 GOLD COVER
- As stated above in Silver Cover.
- We will undertake repairs to radiators, valves, pipes, hot water cylinders, central heating header tank and all pipes.
4.5 PLATINUM COVER
- As stated above in the Silver and Gold Cover.
- Platinum Cover includes oil
- The maximum sum covered under Platinum Cover including parts, labour and VAT is £1000.
- Under Platinum Cover we will come out to your property 365 days a year.
4.6 TOTALLY ASSURED COVER
- This is an annual policy purchased by you after having a boiler installed by us. The cover is as Platinum Cover.
SECTION 5 WHAT IS NOT COVERED
5.1 Product Exclusions.
- Any of the General Exclusions set out below.
- Weekends and bank holiday call outs(except for Platinum Cover).
- Continuous callouts for intermittent faults that are not apparent at the time of engineer’s visit.
- Any faults arising due to you not having an Annual Service.
- In the event that the boiler is beyond economical repair.
- Adjustments to time and temperature controls.
- Any defect/fault on the central heating system caused by the design of the central heating system
- Any defect or damage to the central heating system caused from the failure of the public electricity, water, gas or oil supply.
- Pipes, ducts or electrics which are contained in the fabric of the building e.g in floors and walls which means that we cannot access them.
- For Silver cover, gas supply pipe work from meter to boiler isolation point.
- Damage caused by aggressive/hard water resulting in scale, shale and/or sludge including circulation-based issues of the system fluid in the boiler and/or central heating system.
- Any secondary flue systems located in the fabric of the property or externally.
- Electrical supply up to and including the isolation point.
- Domestic cold-water storage cistern
- Any defect or damage to the central heating system occurring as a result of freezing conditions.
- Any defect or damage to the central heating system caused as a result of water damage on the property.
- Any defect or damage to the central heating system caused to or occurring as a result of third-party interference or remedial work.
- For Silver cover radiators, valves and all associated heating and hot water pipe work are excluded.
- Replacement of system inhibitors.
- All hot/cold water supply pipe work and any secondary circulation pumps/pipework
- All kick-space heaters including connecting valves and hoses.
- Towel rails and decorative style radiators (on Gold/Platinum plans we will cover replacement with a standard type of radiator).
- Servicing or maintenance of magnetic filters although these will be visually inspected as part of the Annual Service.
- Repair or replacement to boiler mate/heat store units or parts.
- Repair or replacement on unvented controls, such as but not limited to, portable water expansion vessels, pressure and expansion relief valves, and pressure reducing valves.
- Immersion heaters.
- Smart controls (unless installed by Gasway).
- Condense drain, outside of what is provided as part of the boiler
- Where we are unable to source parts for your central heating system.
- Intrusive repairs/servicing of appliances containing asbestos, or any other kind of work when asbestos is present and could be disturbed.
- Oil storage tanks, oil tank bases/piers, electronic or manual oil level gauges, fire valves, oil supply pipework (including the support of).
- Any item not stated in “What is Covered”.
- Any event, loss or damage arising from circumstances known to you before the Plan Commencement Date.
- Cover is not provided where the main purpose of the property is for commercial purposes (e.g. B&B, Air B&B, holiday let, student accommodation).
- Cover is not provided to a property registered as a House in Multiple Occupation (“HMO”)
- Any costs/activities in excess of the cover limit. Any costs over the cover limits you are responsible for agreeing and settling these costs directly with
- Circumstances where the boiler is beyond economical repair.
- Any losses caused by delays in us obtaining spare parts unless caused by our negligence or that of our subcontractors or suppliers.
- Central heating systems that have not been installed, serviced or maintained regularly according to British Standards and/or manufacturer’s instructions or that are subject to a manufacturer’s recall.
- Repairs which put the health and safety of our engineers at risk e.g. where the working area is unsafe.
- Any defect, damage or breakdown caused by malicious or wilful action, negligence, misuse or third party interference including any attempted repair or modification to the elements covered by these terms and conditions which does not comply with British Standards.
- The costs or any work carried out by you or another third party.
- Damage caused by a malicious act by you.
- Any issue that arises from a lack of maintenance will not be covered.
- Any loss relating to business interests you may have including, without limitation, loss of profit or losses related to business interruption
- Any incidents related to subsidence, landslip or heave.
- Any problems that you do not have responsibility for if your property is a flat such as, service duct and communal areas.
SECTION 6 – YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
6.1 You are responsible for ensuring the following whilst we are undertaking the repairs or annual service
- you have provided accurate information to us when taking out the plan.
- you will let us into the property at the time of the appointment.
- you will provide us with access to your property for the duration of the repairs or annual service.
- the working area is clear and free from all furniture, fittings, obstacles and hazards;
- all the necessary facilities, services and supplies (e.g. water, gas and electricity) are already in place and working at the property.
- any pets are kept away from the working area and our
- no minor is left unattended at the property whilst we are working there. If a minor is left unattended in the property, we will immediately cease working and vacate the property for the period that the minor is left unattended.
6.2 You must at all times behave appropriately and not physically or verbally abuse our staff whilst we are working at your property.
6.3 If you do not comply with the obligations set out in Clause 6.1 and 6.2 then we will not be able to provide the repair and/or annual service and we will have the right to either cancel the terms and conditions in accordance with Clause 8.4 or charge you for the period that we are unable to work at the property.
SECTION 7 – OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 – In carrying out the repairs and/or annual service we will:
- carry them out with reasonable skill and care and will take reasonable care to avoid disruption at the
- carry out the repairs and/or annual service on the date that we have agreed with you In the event of circumstances outside of our control we are unable to provide you with the repair and/or annual service on the agreed date we will let you know as soon as we become aware of the event causing the delay and we will arrange with you a new date to carry them out.
- remove all waste materials.
- Clean up the work area. If we have to dig on your property we will fill and level the ground but we will not replace the original surface or fittings.
SECTION 8 – CANCELLING THE PLAN
Your Cancellation Rights
8.1 You have a 14 day “Cooling Off Period” to cancel the plan which starts from the commencement date or the renewal date. If you cancel the terms and conditions within the cooling off period and we have not commenced a repair or annual service we will refund to you any monies paid to us. If we have carried out any work for you before the end of the cooling off period you will be required to pay for the work carried out. If you are paying by monthly instalments any instalments still outstanding shall remain payable to the expiry date.
8.2 Upon expiry of the cooling off period you can still terminate the plan, but you will not be entitled to any refund.
8.3 In order to cancel these terms and conditions please can you contact 0800 074 3030 or email email@example.com
Our Cancellation Rights
8.4 We may cancel the terms and conditions in the following situations where:
- you are in breach of Clause 6.
- you give us false information.
- you don’t let us into your property to work despite several attempts.
- you do not make an agreed payment.
- your central heating system is deemed by us to be unsuitable for our plan.
- If following a visit by us a recommendation to repair a fault is not carried out by you we may after taking consideration of the facts cancel the
- The boiler is beyond economical repair.
- You move property. It may be possible for a new plan to be taken out at the new property subject to eligibility.
SECTION 9 – DATA PROTECTION
SECTION 10 – GENERAL
9.1 Other than you, we do not intend that any other person can benefit from the services under these terms and conditions.
9.2 The terms and conditions between you and us are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
9.3 If any of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other terms and conditions shall not be affected.
9.4 These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the terms and conditions.
SECTION 11 – RENEWAL
We will contact in you in writing before the plan expires to arrange your renewal. We will advise you of the premium for the next year, along with any changes to your terms and conditions. If you do not wish to renew the plan please call us on 0800 074 3030 or contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org the renewal date.
SECTION 12 – FEEDBACK
If you have any feedback on the service you have received from us under these terms and conditions then please contact us at 0800 074 3030 or email us at email@example.com