Service and Breakdown Engineers
We have a new opportunity to join our team as a Service and Breakdown Engineer to deliver high quality and cost-effective heating system maintenance, compliance testing and repairs, incorporating a range of different fuel types including but not limited to domestic gas, oil, solid fuel to a range of different domestic and / or social housing properties
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week + on call
Salary: between £35,000 - £39,900 dependent on experience
Location: Across East Anglia
In addition to the above we offer the following rewards and benefits:
- Holiday: We offer 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays which will increase with your length of service
- Company Sick Pay & Life Insurance
- Flexible Rewards: We offer discounted services and discounted retail offering through our rewards platform
- Wellbeing Support: We offer an employee assistance programme, wellbeing events and much more to support you and your family
- Continued Professional Development: We will continue to support you in developing your skills to support you in your role
- Company Vehicle
- Full Company Uniform
Key Responsibilities include:
- To undertake heating engineering & plumbing duties including reactive repairs, servicing of boilers, fires and other appliances and associated works in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice codes and practice and legislation.
- To issue notices and certificates required by the relevant regulations relating to gas safety.
- To attend appointments as scheduled and instructed.
- To provide information to allow records to be updated following service and testing and issue Landlord Gas Safety record using electronic or manual documentation.
- To manage van stock and replenishments in an effective and efficient way and manage stock from authorised suppliers, materials required to undertake works through the approved order system.
- To take part in the on-call system to provide 24/7 emergency cover across our property portfolio.
- To drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and to ensure that the vehicle is maintained to appropriate standards.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and plant issued and ensure identified and appropriate maintenance is undertaken to appropriate standards.
- To complete all relevant training and certifications as required by regulations.
- To maintain regular contact with the Team Leader and colleagues to obtain instructions and resolve working problems and work in a collaborative way providing support and assistance to all involved throughout the repairs and maintenance process.
- To record completed works and maintain accurate records of works carried out including required photographs, measurements, and calculations.
- To Work to operational procedures, safe working practices and H&S procedures including but not limited to reporting of all accidents, near miss events or potential hazards
- To comply with confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
Candidate Background and Experience:
- Experience as a domestic engineer dealing with repair diagnosis and maintenance / servicing of gas heating/plumbing systems
- Experience of servicing and maintaining renewable technologies to include heat pumps, solar thermal systems, etc
- Experience of collaborating and working as part of an effective team
- Experience of working with the public, demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Experience in the use of handheld devise / tablet computer
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 / Craft Certificate in Domestic plumbing or relevant trade qualification
- Gas related qualifications - Domestic: ACS, CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, MET1, HWSS1, CMDDA1, WREG
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft packages and tablets
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Understanding of Health and Safety
- Time Management
- Approachable, driven, trustworthy, reliable and honest
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
- Oil - OFT10-101 * OIL PRESSURE JET APPLIANCES, OFT10-105E * DOMESTIC SYSTEMS AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY, OFT10-600A * OIL TANK INSTALL
- CONGLP1 * LPG QUAL - CHANGEOVER NG TO LPG, PD * LPG PERMANENT DWELLINGS, RPH * RESIDENTIAL/PARK/HOMES
- HETAS 003 * DRY APPLIANCE INSTALL, HETAS 004 * WET APPLIANCE INSTALL, HETAS 006 – Chimney system install * SOLID FUEL - HETAS
To apply and to check the Job Description, please CLICK HERE