Installations - Terms & Conditions
GASWAY INSTALLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between Us and You for the installation of your new boiler and/or central heating system. Please read these terms and Conditions carefully. If you do not understand anything in the terms and condition or if you would like further clarification on the terms then please call us on 0800 074 3030
SECTION 1 - DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply to the Gasway Installation Terms and Conditions:
Auxillary Products: means radiators, pipes, hot water cylinders, central heating header tank and all pipes
Boiler: means the mechanism which controls the central heating system.
Blueflame: is a subsidiary of Gasway Services Limited.
Central Heating system: means the central heating system at the Property which includes:
- The Boiler
- The Controls
- Auxillary Products.
Controls: means the controls that make the Central Heating system work, including the programmer, motorised zone valves, central heating pump and any thermostats.
Finance Agreement – The finance agreement made between you and our chosen finance partnerfor the financing of the installation.
Gasway/We/Us/Our: means Gasway Services Limited (company number 04158628) whose registered office is at 31 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PD.
Installation means: the installation of a new central heating system as set out in your quotation..
Minor: means a child under the age of 18.
Property: means the residential property where you live where the installation is carried out.
Price: means the price you have agreed to pay under the quotation for Gasway to carry out the installation at the Property.
Quotation: means your acceptance of the quote provided by Gasway either online or at the property to install a new boiler at your property.
Terms and Conditions: means these terms and conditions which cover the installation of a new boiler by us.
You/Your: means the person or people who have entered into the Terms and Conditions with us.
Working Area: means the area where the installation of the boiler will take place and includes radiators, appliance locations including the airing cupboard and possibly the loft spaces.
SECTION 2 – WHEN WILL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS COME INTO FORCE?
2.1 The Terms and Conditions will become binding upon you and us whichever is the earlier of:
- your acceptance of the quotation or
- we receive payment of the price;
2.2 In the event that we have provided the installation upon your acceptance of the quotation we will require payment of the price in full on the day of completion of the installation.
SECTION 3 – YOUR CENTRAL HEATING INSTALLATION
3.1 What is included in your installation?
The goods and installation services specified in your quotation.
3.2 What is not included in your installation?
- See Our Responsibilities in Section 6
- Annual services after installation (unless you have purchased a Totally Assured coverplan).
SECTION 4 – WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES
- All boilers supplied by us will be supported with a manufacturer backed warranty for the length of time detailed in your quotation.
- To claim under the boiler manufacturer warranty you must ensure that the boiler has been serviced on an annual basis.
- You must keep the warranties/guarantees and records of service for the products provided by us as these records will need to be produced to the manufacturer on request if you are making a claim under the warranty. Any warranty will be void without these records.
- Any auxiliary products which are supplied (e.g. radiators and thermostats) will usually be supported by a 12 months parts and labour warranty by us.
- Other components and equipment for examples filters will have individual warranties. These will differ depending on their specific manufacturers. You will need to contact us on 0800 074 3030 to find out the warranty that applies.
- The installation carried out by us is supported by a 12-months parts and labour warranty which is provided by us
- You will not be able to claim under a warranty where failure, fault or problem occurs due to:
- Failure by you or any third party in the operation, inspection, servicing, or care of the boiler and auxillary products which have not been done in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Deliberate vandalism or damage.
- Any damage which occurs as a result of circumstances which are out of the manufacturer’s or our control (e.g. power surges).
- Variations in the flow rate of water going to the boiler or auxillary products.
SECTION 5 – YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
5.1 You are responsible for ensuring the following whilst we are undertaking the installation.
- you have provided accurate information to us when we provided the quotation.
- you will let us into the property at the time of the appointment.
- you will provide us with access to your property for the duration of the
- all the necessary facilities, services and supplies (e.g. water, gas and electricity) are already in place and working at the property.
- any pets are kept away from the working area and our
- no minor is left unattended at the property whilst we are working there. If a minor is left unattended in the property, we will immediately cease working and vacate the property for the period that the minor is left unattended.
- If you are the landlord of the property you (or someone who has authority to act on the landlord’s behalf) will need to be at the property for the quotation appointment and
5.2 You must at all times behave appropriately and not physically or verbally abuse our staff whilst we are working at your property.
5.3 If you do not comply with the obligations set out in Clause 5.1 and 5.2 then we will not be able to provide the installation and we will have the right to either cancel the terms and conditions in accordance with Clause 7.3 or charge you for the period that we are unable to work at the property.
SECTION 6 – OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
6.1 – In carrying out the installation we will:
- carry out the installation with reasonable skill and care and will take reasonable care to avoid disruption at the
- carry out the installation on the date that we have agreed with you. In the event of circumstances outside of our control we are unable to provide you with the installation on the agreed date we will let you know as soon as we become aware of the event causing the delay and we will arrange with you a new date to carry the installation
- remove all waste materials and dispose of them within Waste/Environmental regulations. Please note that any scrap metals left over from the installation are the property of Gasway and due to Waste/Environmental regulations we need to dispose of any scrap metal and we are therefore unable to leave them at the
- Clean up the work area.
- All pipework will be in copper tubing with capillary or compression fittings as appropriate.
We will conceal the pipework wherever possible and all visible pipes will be fitted neatly and as inconspicuously as practicable. All new pipework containing water in unheated spaces e.g. garages, or lofts will be lagged as necessary.
- Where any supply pipework is run beneath floors, we will require access to the respective rooms to raise carpets and flooring as appropriate as discussed during the
- We will relay carpets as best as practicable, but we cannot guarantee the re-fitting of the carpet. Any re-stretching or re-fitting of the carpets will need to be carried out by your own contractor at your own cost.
- We will need to provide pressure and relief and condensate pipes from new condensing boilers to a suitable point as discussed during the quotation. We will make every effort to make these as inconspicuous as possible however, we will ensure current Gas Safety and Building Regulations are met accordingly.
- We will provide all holes required for pipe runs and we will make good all work disturbed afterwards but not painting and decorating, carpentry, brickwork, plastering or electrical work other than that specified in the quotation.
Gas Carcass Test
- We will test the gas flow to the boiler. If the same KWH boiler is being fitted we would expect the gas flow to be sufficient to power the new However, if the flow isn’t sufficient then a new gas flow will need to be fitted at an additional cost. If a different KWH boiler is being fitted then the cost to upgrade the gas pipe will be included in your quotation.
- We will not remove any asbestos contained materials encountered on site. These will need to be removed by you at your own expense.
- We will carry out all the necessary electrical work associated with the installation as set out in your quotation.
- We will not upgrade the Main Equipotential Earth Bonding as part of the This will be checked by our electrician as part of the installation and if this does not meet current regulations then you will be advised if additional work is recommended at your own cost.
SECTION 7 – CANCELLING THE PLAN
Your Cancellation Rights
7.1 You have a 14 day “Cooling Off Period” to cancel the contract following your acceptance of the terms and conditions. If you cancel the terms and conditions within the cooling off period and we have not commenced the installation we will refund to you any monies paid to us. In the event that the terms and conditions are cancelled you will need to allow us access to collect any goods or other items provided by us under these terms and conditions for which payment has not been made.
7.2 If you have expressly opted to accept the quotation and these terms and conditions to have the installation start within the cooling off period then you will lose your right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and we will be entitled to claim from you the costs for the goods delivered to you and for the labour costs in carrying out the installation until the date of cancellation. If the installation has been completed in its entirety, then we will be owed the full price of the installation.
7.3 Upon expiry of the cooling off period or completion of the installation whichever is sooner your right to cancel will terminate.
Our Cancellation Rights
7.3 We may cancel the terms and conditions in the following situations where:
- you are in breach of Clause 5.
- you give us false information.
- you don’t let us into your property to work despite several attempts.
- you do not make an agreed payment.
- If following a visit by us a recommendation to repair a fault is not carried out by you we may after taking consideration of the facts cancel the
7.4 Where a refund is provided to you please note it may take 14 days for the refund to be processed.
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN OUT A FINANCE AGREEMENT TO FUND THE INSTALLATION THEN UPON CANCELLATION BY US OR YOU, YOU WILL NEED TO CANCEL YOUR FINANCE AGREEMENT.
SECTION 8 – DATA PROTECTION
8.1 We will collect and process the information you have provided to us to carry out the Installation and for the administration of these terms and conditions. For further information about how we process your personal data please click on https://www.gasway.co.uk/about-us/terms-conditions-privacy-notice/
SECTION 9 – GENERAL
9.1 Other than you, we do not intend that any other person can benefit from the services under these terms and conditions.
9.2 The terms and conditions between you and us are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
9.3 If any of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other terms and conditions shall not be affected.
9.4 These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the terms and conditions.
SECTION 10 – QUALITY CHECK
10.1 We aim to quality check 10 % of our installations after work is complete so you may be contacted for us to undertake a quality check. If you do not wish to have your installation quality checked then please let us know when we contact you.
SECTION 10 – FEEDBACK
If you have any feedback on the service you have received from us under these terms and conditions then please contact us at 0800 074 3030