Cover Plan - Power Flush
GASWAY POWERFLUSH TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between Us and You for the Powerflush of your central heating system. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you do not understand anything in the terms and conditions or if you would like further clarification on the terms then please call us on 0800 074 3030.
SECTION 1 - DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply to the Gasway Powerflush Terms and Conditions:
Gasway/We/Us/Our: means Gasway Services Limited (company number 04158628) whose registered office is at 31 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PD.
Minor: means a child under the age of 18.
Powerflush: means the cleansing process as set out in Clause 5 which removes any dirt, sludge, rust and debris that may have accumulated within your central heating system over time.
Property: means the residential property where you live where the Powerflush is carried out.
Price: means the price you have agreed to pay under the Quotation for Gasway to carry out the Powerflush at the Property.
Quotation: means your acceptance of the quote provided by Gasway to provide a Powerflush on your property.
Terms and Conditions: means the these terms and conditions which cover the Powerflush.
You/Your: means the person or people who have entered into the quotation and Terms and Conditions with us.
Working Area: means the area where we will provide the Powerflush and includes radiators, appliance locations including the airing cupboard and possibly the loft spaces.
SECTION 2 – WHEN WILL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS COME INTO FORCE?
2.1 The terms and conditions will become binding upon you and us whichever is the earlier of:
- your acceptance of the quotation or
- we receive payment of the Price;
2.2 In the event that we have provided the Powerflush upon your acceptance of the quotation we will require payment of the price in full on the day of completion of the Powerflush.
SECTION 3 – YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 You are responsible for ensuring the following whilst we are undertaking the Powerflush that:
- you have provided accurate information for us to provide the quotation.
- you have informed us prior to the Powerflush if the property does not have foul waste drains and/or there is a Septic Tank, Cesspit, Soakaway or other drainage system where waste water may affect the local area, streams, bore holes. If the property does not have a foul waste drains then a flush may still be possible without the aid of chemicals.
- the conditions at the property are suitable for us to carry out the Powerflush
- you will let us into the property at the time of the appointment.
- you will provide us with access to your property for the duration of the Powerflush;
- the working area is clear and free from all furniture, fittings, obstacles and hazards;
- all the necessary facilities, services and supplies (e.g. water, gas and electricity) are already in place and working at the property.
- any pets are kept away from the working area and our
- no minor is left unattended at the property whilst we are working on the Powerflush. If a minor is left unattended in the property, we will immediately cease working and vacate the property for the period that the minor is left unattended.
3.2 You must at all times behave appropriately and not physically or verbally abuse our staff whilst we are working at your property.
3.3 If you do not comply with the obligations set out in Clause 3.1 and 3.2 then we will not be able to provide the Powerflush and we will have the right to either cancel the Terms and Conditions in accordance with Clause 7.3 or charge you for the period that we are unable to work at the property on the Powerflush.
SECTION 4 – OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
4.1 – In carrying out the Powerflush we will:
- carry out the Powerflush with reasonable skill and care and will take reasonable care to avoid disruption at the
- carry out the Powerflush on the date that we have agreed with you in the quotation. In the event of circumstances outside of our control we are unable to provide you with the Powerflush on the agreed date we will let you know as soon as we become aware of the event causing the delay and we will arrange with you a new date to carry out the
- remove all waste materials.
- Clean up the work area
SECTION 5 – THE POWERFLUSH
5.1 – On the day of the appointment the Gasway engineer will assess the central heating system for suitability for the Powerflush. They will assess the valves, radiators and other system components to check that they are in good order.
5.2 In carrying out the Powerflush of your central heating system we shall:
- Add chemicals to your central heating system;
- Use a Powerflush machine to connect to your central heating system to flush a powerful blend of chemicals through the pipework removing the sludge and rust in the system, destroy limescale and prevent rust from recurring in the future.
- Once the sludge and any debris have been dislodged by the action of the chemicals we will force clean water through the pipes to remove all the contaminated liquid from the system before properly disposing of it.
- Following a successful flush a protective inhibitor will be added to the heating system (subject to the boiler/appliance manufacturers guidance).
5.3 – Once the Powerflush process as set out in clause 5.2 has been completed it is possible for the following to occur:
(i) that some corrosion debris may remain in the system due to:
- System components (heat exchangers, diverter valves, thermistors, pumps, air vents/separators, pressure vessels, PRV’s, cold feed pipes, motorised valves, TRV’s, filling loops etc) not allowing all corrosion debris or limescale to be removed due to their design, position or condition.
- Solid blockages in pipes or stuck valves can prevent circulation and therefore cleaning of a pipe circuit or radiator.
- Ongoing corrosion due to design faults such as: systems pumping over into feed and expansion header tank, pumps drawing in air or the presence of different metals leading to electrolytic corrosion.
(ii) it may become evident that further works are needed to replace blocked components or scaled sections within the central heating system.
- Leaks can appear due to debris sealing in the system water where a radiator has corroded within.
SECTION 6 – OUR LIABIITY
6.1 We are not liable for the following after a Powerflush:
- Any leaks identified in the central heating system which are not caused due to our negligence, and which could not be reasonably identified by us before the Powerflush
- Any replacement appliance components, radiators, auto air-vents, pumps and system pipework identified as requiring replacement due to the age and condition of the system.
- Where design faults and faulty components have been identified by Gasway in the central heating system we will offer to rectify and/or replace as appropriate subject to an additional charge for such work. If you do not wish to pay for the additional work then we will endeavour to clean the central heating system as thoroughly as possible however the limits of the current system may make a thorough clean not possible
SECTION 7 – CANCELLING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your Cancellation Rights
7.1 You have a 14 day “Cooling Off Period” to cancel the contract following your acceptance of the terms and conditions. If you cancel the terms and conditions within the cooling off period and we have not commenced the Powerflush we will refund to you any monies paid to us.
7.2 If you have expressly opted to accept the terms and conditions to have the PowerFlush start within the cooling off period then you will lose your right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and we will be entitled to claim our reasonable costs in carrying out the Powerflush until the date of cancellation. If the Powerflush has been completed in its entirety, then we will be owed the full price of the service.
7.3 Upon expiry of the cooling off period or completion of the Powerflush whichever is sooner your right to cancel will terminate.
7.3 In order to cancel these terms and conditions please can you contact us on 0800 074 3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Cancellation Rights
7.3 We may cancel the terms and conditions in the following situations where:
- you are in breach of Clause 3.
- you give us false information.
- we are unable to provide a Powerflush due to issues with the central heating system
- you don’t let us into your property to work despite several attempts.
7.4 If we have not commenced the Powerflush then we will refund you any monies you have paid minus any reasonable costs we have incurred. If we have carried out the Powerflush in its entirety then no money will be refunded. If we have carried out the Powerflush in its entirety and you have not paid any monies to us you will be liable to us for our reasonable costs incurred.
SECTION 8 – DATA PROTECTION
We will collect and process the information you have provided to us to carry out the Powerflush and for the administration of these terms and conditions. For further information about how we process your personal data please click on https://www.gasway.co.uk/about-us/terms-conditions-privacy-notice/
SECTION 9 – GENERAL
9.1 Other than you, we do not intend that any other person can benefit from the Powerflush under these terms and conditions.
9.2 The terms and conditions between you and us are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
9.3 If any of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other terms and conditions shall not be affected.
9.4 These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the terms and conditions.
SECTION 10 – FEEDBACK
If you have any feedback on the service you have received from us under these terms and conditions then please contact us on 0800 074 3030 or email@example.com